The Kansas City Water Works building, located at 201 Main Street in Kansas City, Missouri, was constructed in 1905. The main floor was designed to house a stable with stalls for forty horses, space for thirty-five buggies and wagons, a harness room, wash rooms and a furnace room which supplied steam heat for the building. The second floor was designed for offices of the Superintendents of Pipe Lines and the Meter Department. On this floor was also where the blacksmith shop, wagon repair shop and a large storage room for hay were housed.
The Water Building recently went under major renovations providing modern tenant improvements, design and art infusions, while maintaining the buildings original historical character. These renovations included new operable windows for fresh air & natural light, brick & mortar restoration, new exterior awnings, new private restrooms for each suite, new lighting and a new lobby.
Proximity to transportation, as well as location set the Water Building apart. The Water Building is located in the heart of the Kansas City River Market, where casual global eateries, gourmet grocery stores and boutiques surround the community. New tenants to the building include River Bluff Brewing, Emery Sapp & Sons and Decision Insight.