Situated in the heart of the financial district, the Lightwell is a building that carves a distinct silhouette in the Kansas City Skyline. Lightwell, formerly known as City Center Square, is a multi-million-dollar class A office redevelopment that has quickly evolved into its very own downtown innovation district. AREA’s Josh Scott was brought on as the redevelopments project manager.
Josh’s scope of work includes elevator modernization, common area renovations, tenant improvements, and building improvements, while serving as the liaison between management and ownership on all projects.
- Elevator Modernization – During this part of the project, Josh conducted weekly meetings with contractors and management to keep the project on schedule and on budget.
- Common Area Renovations – Josh meets with contractors, performs inspections, and walks of the spaces for the common areas being renovated, including the 27th and 18th floor.
- Tenant Improvements – Josh currently oversees tenant improvement projects for Dempsey and Kingsland, Davis Bethune & Jones, as well as Made in KC
- Building Power Washing – Bid the project, oversaw, and inspected the work once complete.
- Installation of New Roof Anchors – Bid the project, oversaw, and inspected the work once complete.
Lightwell is pushing for these projects to be completed in Fall 2021.